6" flex hose adapters?

bassplugger

Most of the tools in my shop are quite old and not many with dust ports. looking to maybe modify by adding panels of wood or metal and then some type of adapters for 6" flex hose. Saw some post here where you guys bought flex pipe from McMaster-Carr (25' roll is 95.00 plus 10.00 shipping), yesterday i spoke with Cathy at CV and ordered a cv1800 and also 25' roll of their 6" flex (135.00 plus shipping). Is there any quality difference in the two pipes? Is one better than the other? Also looking for ideas on the adapters. I've seen a few on you tube. Any factory made adapters for retro fitting old machines? Also will the flex pipe slide over, or into, the 6" S&D pipe? Thanks guys for your help

Tim

Tim,

As I recall, the McMaster-Carr flex that I bought is 15 mil thick ("Economy PVC"). I am not certain where ClearVue Cyclones purchases their Flexible hose, but I just looked at Wynn Environmental's 6" PVC hose in 25' length and it is 25 mil and is $92 plus shipping.

If you do a Search here for "port", you'll find this thread of mine from several years ago where I made ports from PVC couplings and 3/4" plywood. I have also used straight sections of 6" PVC pipe with a short saw cut and band clamp to attach flex to hard S&D pipe.

Hope this helps.

thanks Rob for the pics of your ports and ideas, they look great. That is exactly what I'm looking to do on my unisaw. Also looking to make hoods for a couple of miter saws and radial arm saws too. thanks for you help

Tim

Back