6" to 4" reducers

sreilly24590

Has anyone found a source for conical shaped reducers? The ones I have tried are step down in shape. Think a 6" can with a 4" cutout in the center and then a 4" collar. Not efficient or practical as it causes a good deal of turbulence at the fitting. A 6" straight collar going to a 4" collar by means of a cone shape would be far superior I would think but I can't find anything like that. I did find a few somewhat conical shaped adapters that you cut to size bt they are of the same basic design as the 1st described but include 4-5 possible combinations. Looking for a really good design and reliable source. What do you use?

You can get a 6" to 4" reducer with a conical transition from McMaster Carr for a little over $10 each. Here is a link to the part drawing. If I recall correctly, I have seen them at Lowe's as well.

My bad for not being clearer but I was referring to the hose reducers, not pipe although these may prove more useful in the long run. This is where have a 3D printer would be good. I'd print my own reducers......

Steve, are you trying to reduce from 6" flex, not 6" solid pipe? Just trying to get clear on the objective.

Yes, this reduction is as close to the equipment as I can get so going from the shortest piece of 6" hose to the 4" connection. Hope this makes sense.

Steve

Yes, your description makes sense. An option I'm sure you've thought of it to use a short length of solid pipe on each end of the reducer and then connect the hose to the solid pipe. Alternatively, if the connection is intended to be "permanent", caulk the hose directly into the reducer.

Back