Alternate Cyclone Layouts

bjepps

I think I put this in the wrong area.

I have a low ceiling height in my shop. Due to building limitations the cyclone must be contained within the shop. I do not have the opportunity to place the cyclone outdoors in a shed, in an attic or garage. I thought I had seen some diagrams of alternative solutions. I have seen the one on an angle and am not keen on that idea.

Does anyone know of a thread, a diagram, or photo that has suggestions? It seems to me I saw a layout where the motor/impeller were mounted to the side with a piece of ducting connecting the motor/impeller to the cyclone itself.

Many thanks,

Bob
progress.gif

Hello Bob,

I will email you the information sheet on low ceiling options in just a few minutes. Let me know if you don't get it.

CVC Support

I have a low ceiling height in my shop. Due to building limitations the cyclone must be contained within the shop. I do not have the opportunity to place the cyclone outdoors in a shed, in an attic or garage. I thought I had seen some diagrams of alternative solutions. I have seen the one on an angle and am not keen on that idea.

It would help to know the available ceiling height that you have. The standard ClearVue Cyclone installation uses a full 96", but that includes roughly 28-29" for a galvanized waste bin and cover -- you could build an air-tight bin with a lower profile (it doess not need to be round) that could fit under a lower ceiling. Anothe option may be to gain some height by installing the motor between ceiling joists above the cyclone if you can.

Low Ceiling Height

Low Ceiling Height

I am sure this has been answered but if you contact CV they have diagrams and suggested solutions for low ceiling heights.

link to low ceiling options

link to low ceiling options

Hello Bob,

I will email you the information sheet on low ceiling options in just a few minutes. Let me know if you don't get it.

CVC Support

Bob,

Could you send a link to the alternative low ceiling options please?

Thanks,

Ted

Back