Alternative to D2729 pipe

bababrown

I just noticed that Home Depot (internet) carries a corrugated HDPE pipe in 6" diameter that is made to interface with D2729 / SDR35 fittings. It is marked at $14.03 per 10 foot section but shipping is additional. It appears to be plastic-lined like the 4" pipe they carry at the stores. This might be a reasonable alternative to SDR35 pipe.
bababrown

bababrown

Alternative to D2729

Alternative to D2729

I checked the Home Depot internet site for shipping charges for their 6" HDPE pipe. If it is sent to the local store for pick-up there is no shipping charge. So this appears as a very good alternative to SDR35 for those of us who have trouble finding D2729.
bababrown

tamathumper

I found it online, at least I think I did. The $14.03 6" pipe isn't what I'd call "corrugated", it looks smooth and white... Any luck on finding elbows and wyes to go with it?

bababrown

It is smooth. I have measured the head loss of the 4" version and it is the same as for SDR35 pipe. The plastic lining on the inside is very smooth. The internet # is 203298775 on the HD site. Get SDR35/D2729 fittings. I got my fittings at a Lowes store; some carry them and some do not. Many order from McMaster Carr. Irrigation stores and water system supply house carry fittings and pipe. Make sure you get the slip on fittings rather than the gasketted type.
bababrown