Anyone can help me building Mini-CV06 myself?

Metatron

Hello,

i'm waiting for over two years now for the end of that patent-reversal because i want to buy a mini-cv06
But the dust-pollution in my shop won't become better with the years and there are still no news from the courts.

So i would like to build a mini-cv06 myself. But i'm german, and it isn't that easy to understand all that imperial-calculations and measurements in detail.

Is there anyone that could help me scaling the plans (maybe even into metric-measurements?) to achieve the correct size for a mini? I will have to use recirculating-air, so i want to be sure not to make any mistakes.

Or is anyone willing to sell his mini-cv06 to germany?

Thank you very much and a happy new year to all of you :)

You could build one from the spreadsheet program that is avaiable on Bill Pentz's website -- units can be set to metric and you can make it to the size you want. Finding the PETG material in Europe might be a problem, but other materials could be used, even sheet metal.

Oh, sorry, i haven't seen the metric-option in that excel-sheet, thank you very much!

Do i just have to scale the cyclone down to my ducting-size?
My vaccum has ductings in 32mm, which equals only 1,26"
But the hose is extra-aerodynamic, it moves about 130cfm

The cyclone is just for one single machine and the inlet there is also only approx. 35mm big.
And the vacuum has a special Class-M-Filter and filters parts down to 0,4µm.
I could also upgrade with another filter to Class-H, which is permitted for cancer-causing-dust like asbestos.

Metatron, I built Bill Pentz 6 inch cyclone and use a 1.25 inch hose to hook up to my router and it works real well but I still have a flex hose from my big cyclone to try and catch more dust. It would depend on what you are connecting to. The cyclone inlet has a transition to a 2.5 inch dia. so I can hookup a flex hose and attach a 2.5 inch shop vac hose or an adapter to the 1.25 inch. I am getting 130 cfm and have the Shop Vac Ultra-Web filter on it but I don’t know what particle size it is supposed to filter. I don’t have a practical counter either. All the filter issues look like you need to get the 0.5um. Building the cyclone wasn’t very difficult; just follow Bill’s instructions and make the templates to hold everything together during assembly. I have it shown in the gallery in the DIY cyclone section. I am currently revising it by adding another motor to increase the airflow so I can set it up as a central vac with about 48ft of duct and hose. I plan to fire it up this weekend and get some air flow numbers.

Back