Bin full sensor malfunction

rikinn55

I have the CV1800 and purchased the bin full sensor with the dust collector. This is the second time I have had to empty the bin however the alarm will not quit going off. I have made sure the chute was clean by blowing it off with air, I did the same for the sensor lenses. I have removed the chute so nothing was in the way and they still sense a blockage. I then started making sure the sensor were still aligned but even that has failed. I don't believe the unit is a year old yet. Can anyone give me a clue what I'm missing? I can use the system by switching off the sensors but I'd rather not do that.

I was the original provider to ClearVue Cyclones of the Bin Sensor system and made them until the end of 2016 when I sold my remaining inventory and the design rights to ClearVue so they could take over manufacturing them. I do not know if any changes were made in the design, but one major warning that was included in the documentation was a strong recommendation to put the power supply for the bin sensor on a circuit that did not have any motors also connected on the circuit. Often wood shops have 120 V outlets spread along the walls and a tool like a lathe or drill press or bandsaw are simply plugged in, along with the bin sensor power supply. Unfortunately (hence the solid warning), motors have a tendency to draw lots of current on startup and will create a significant voltage drop to all parts of that circuit. While the power supply could handle a drop to about 90 volts, swings beyond that caused failure in the circuitry in the Bin Sensor that resulted in symptoms like you describe. It is why we recommended placing the power supply on an lighting circuit (turns the power supply off when you leave the shop) or on one lacking any motors. I suspect your bin sensor power supply is okay, but the internal circuit board has been damaged and needs to be replaced. I recommend that you contact ClearVue Technical Support.

Back