Bin Sensor

cvcsupport

Administrator
We are excited to bring a new product to the Clear Vue product line. In partnership with McRabbet Woodworks, we are now offering a bin sensor for your cyclone system!

How it works:
The optical sensors are placed on top of your collection bin and are aligned through the transparant flexible tube at the base of the cyclone. If the sensors are blocked for more than 10-12 seconds as the bin fills, a fire alarm strobe/horn will sound and your system will automatically shut down. The unit also includes a bypass switch if automatic shutdown is not relavent for a specific project.

For more detailed information, please view the product at http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/supporting-products/50-bin-sensor.html

McRabbet

Senior Forum Member
I'll be more than happy to answer anyone's questions about this device and how easy it is to hook up to your ClearVue cyclone. There are more than fifteen happy customers out there from across the US and Canada that have one of my units on their dust bins and they all report good, reliable results.

Gorbash84

Is the light/horn part built into the main control unit? My setup has the Cyclone and power/relay box located quite a ways from the actual shop, with insulated walls in between. In McRabbet's February post it is implied that this unit should not be farther away from the relay than 50 feet, it would be nice if there was a separate control box that mounts next to the relay and another light/horn unit.

Also, in McRabbet's February post his sensor kits were $125, now they are $225? Seems like quite a price jump.

EDIT:Clarity

Last edited:

McRabbet

Senior Forum Member
The strobe/horn unit is built into the Bin Sensor control Box as illustrated in the photos that accompany my two February posts that you referenced, found here and here. I recommend the wiring limitation solely on the practical carrying capacity of 14 gauge non-metallic cable used in most home lighting circuits that I recommend be used for the 120 VAC interconnection between the relay in my control box and the contactor used in most ClearVue Cyclone installations. One could extend that distance using 12 gauge NM cable, but I would be curious why the control box with strobe would need to be at such a distance -- after all, I recommend it be place in the shop where it can be seen and heard, near the machines that are connected to the user's cyclone. If the cyclone is in a closet or under the shop or in an adjacent space, wire can be run through the wall to shorten the run -- I'd be surprised if your duct runs are in excess of 50 feet. I'd suggest you reread my February posts referenced above -- the price I listed is $175 plus shipping, not $125 -- which was before ClearVue Cyclones agreed to include them on their website.

As a footnote, I can easily add a second strobe/horn unit to be placed in a different location by the user. It would connect to the main bin sensor control unit with low voltage wiring and would require the addition of a connector on the bin sensor box, low voltage wire and a standalone strobe/horn unit in an appropriate surface mount enclosure.

Ken Harris

bin sensor

bin sensor

Mc I just ordered your bin sensor you are correct I do not have enough height for pennstate dual drum,now time to order 23 gauge garbage can

McRabbet

Senior Forum Member
Ken,

You might look in your area for a food service polyethylene barrel or a fiber drum. Penn State Industries has a squat fiber drum for about $40, but I have found heavy plastic barrels with full size lids for $10 at local salvage yards (people use them for rain barrels, but they are lots cheaper). It you find one, you can then make a plywood or MDF lid for it. I'll look for your bin sensor order through ClearVue.

Ken Harris

bin

bin

I live in northern mi.not much around here I ordered a witt whd32cl can someone else in forum used cannot remember who and said it worked fine.Looking forward to day of actually using my clear vue,thanks for support keep up good customer service.

G

You might look in your area for a food service polyethylene barrel or a fiber drum.
I'll look for your bin sensor order through ClearVu

McRabbet

Senior Forum Member
As of January 1st, McRabbet Woodworks, LLC has ceased production of the Bin Sensor. However, ClearVue Cyclones has purchased our remaining inventory and the rights to produce the circuit board. They plan to reintroduce this key accessory to their product line in the near future. I will remain available to existing customers and to forum member to address questions as they arise.

Rob

Robert R. Payne, Owner
McRabbet Woodworks, LLC

rrpayne@bellsouth.net