Build a stand rather than wall-hung?

ClearVue on a Stand

ClearVue on a Stand

My ClearVue CV1800 is mounted in a stand that sits on a concrete pad in the high crawl space under my shop. My home is built into the side of a hill and I'm fortunate to have over 100" of clearance below one part of my shop to install the cyclone and then run 6" PVC ductwork under the floor to specific areas where it can come up through the floor. I've attached a SketchUp model of the cyclone and stand. None of the unit touches the framing or foundation walls of the house (this sits in a corner with a concrete block wall on the mounting and exhaust side of the unit).

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• My ClearVue2.jpg
    My ClearVue2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 0
I built a stand for mine also. Then cut out a space in the ceiling that is roughly 4X4 for it to protrude up through for extra clearance for a 55 gallon drum for the dust. Mine is a three sided 4X4 base with 2X4 uprights at the back, and angled 2X4 braces back to the front legs of the base. There are two arms that attach to the 2X4 uprights that hold the cyclone motor and blower housing. The whole thing sits on some of the black dense Styrofoam that Ed packed the cyclone in. Works great. No coupling to the wall that would amplify the vibration into sound. DSCN0932.jpg Sorry, too late to attempt to turn the picture around in the computer. :rolleyes: Jim.

Back