Canadian Sources Part 2

Don01

I received quotes from the Edmonton offices of Bartle & Gibson and Wolseley Canada - Waterworks Division for 6" S&D Pipe and fittings.
6" pipe B&G $7.19/ft Wolseley $2.39/ft
6" Y B&G $$43.79ea Wolseley $18.90ea
6" EL 45 B&G $12.16ea Wolseley $10.08ea
6" Coupling B&G $13.30ea Wolseley $5.75ea

Prices are Canadian $, FCA Edmonton.

I thought I was getting 2 - 20ft lengths of pipe. They sent me 4 - 10's which is great. I am making 90's from 2- 45's to increase the radius. This also doubles the cost of each 90.

Don

Crafted

Don,

Did you buy in Edmonton? I'm in Okotoks, close to Calgary. Did you just buy direct or were you able to get wholesale prices through a plumber?

Is FCA Kalispell Montana?

Thankya sir!

Jason

Don01

Canadian Sources Part 2

Jason,
I just walked in as a cash customer and got better than web pricing. I didn't try through any local plumbers as I don't have good connections with any.
FCA means delivered to the sellers dock for transport ie The Buyer is responsible for transportation. strange you should mention Kalispell. I was there for a few days in early September.
You should be able to contact Woseley Wateworks in Calgary and get good service.
Do you have a CV?

Don

Don,

Did you buy in Edmonton? I'm in Okotoks, close to Calgary. Did you just buy direct or were you able to get wholesale prices through a plumber?

Is FCA Kalispell Montana?

Thankya sir!

Jason

Crafted

I do have a CV max now, sitting in the box waiting for me to have some time to install it. Seems to be a trend on this forum... and I'm not bucking it anytime soon!

I'm talking to a plumber friend and he says pricing comes way down if the pipe doesn't need CSA approval. That would explain some of the outrageous prices quoted on here. It would also make sense why B&G was so much more over Wolseley... I think.

I'll post the prices he gets me next week.

FCA is Kalispell's airport code... and no I didn't know that until I googled FCA Edmonton and figured it out!

Daninvan

I received quotes from the Edmonton offices of Bartle & Gibson and Wolseley Canada - Waterworks Division for 6" S&D Pipe and fittings.
6" pipe B&G $7.19/ft Wolseley $2.39/ft
6" Y B&G $$43.79ea Wolseley $18.90ea
6" EL 45 B&G $12.16ea Wolseley $10.08ea
6" Coupling B&G $13.30ea Wolseley $5.75ea

Prices are Canadian $, FCA Edmonton.

Don

Just to update Don's info roughly 4 years on, I called B&G and Wolsley in Vancouver and got the following quotes for 6" S&D:

6" pipe B&G $4.71/ft Wolseley $3.40/ft
6" Y B&G $22.48ea Wolseley $17ea
6" EL 45 B&G $11.39ea Wolseley $9ea

Prices have bounced around a bit, B& G has improved, but Wolsley is still the better deal. They are both happy to do a cash sale, don't need an account.

Dan