Ceiling Height install

mitch262

Hi,
New owner here just starting to put this CVMAX beast together. I bought the new blue mounting bracket that I plan to put on 3/4 ply. I have the 96 inches you need to get the CV installed. My question is when you put the horizontal bracket at least 96 inches, how far up can you go up the wall to install it without hitting the ceiling with the top of the motor. So really the question is how far DOWN from the ceiling can you mount the bracket so you don't hit the top of the motor once you installed the bracket and ready to mount the the assembly on the bracket. I just want to get this part of the install done before I put the motor and the rest together. If someone has that in inches from the ceiling that the top of the blue horizontal bracket can go so I don't cram the motor tight to the ceiling. Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated.

mitch262,

I have a CV-1800 but it was upgraded with a 16” impeller. I used the CV aluminum wall mounting bracket for installation of the CV-1800 in a free standing enclosure. I purchased the unit in August 2015. Nonetheless, I believe these dimensions are unaffected by these differences between my installation and yours.

The top of the motor is about 3 ¾” from the ceiling. The horizontal aluminum bracket is 12” +/- 1/8” from the ceiling. The blue mounting plate sets atop the horizontal aluminum bracket.

Thank you jsbrow for the help. The blue bracket is the blue hanging bracket that the plate sits on. I called Clear Vue and they stated the the horizontal part of the blue bracket, that replaced the aluminum bracket that they sold that bolts to the wall, is the same height as the motor will be once the motor is assembled and put on the mounting plate. They told me to adjust from there if I was to put the horizontal bracket, as high as I could on the wall to leave an inch or two from the top of the ceiling.

Back