Clear Vue on a phase converter?

Are you trying to run off 110v or 220V power? Is your motor a single phase or a three phase? VFD (variable frequency drive) isn't used for single phase to single phase. For that you need a different kind of power transformer. I don't think there are any VFD's that can run a 5hp motor from 110V. If you have a three phase motor a VFD will take the 220V single phase and convert it to 220V three phase. It has the bonus of letting you run the motor slower or overspeed it slightly (65 hertz/cycle) for a little extra suction. They also can be programmed to soft start so they won't draw a lot of power when starting like a single phase motor does. That lets you turn the DC on and off frequently without overheating the motor. The Aussie Clear-Vue sellers sell their cyclones with a VFD because they have 50 cycle power and they can bring them up to 60 cycle speeds to get the airflow North Americans enjoy. You can get the same VFD direct from China as the Aussies use for about $170US plus about $80 shipping. It is a Powtran P19000 series VFD and the model needed here is P19130A 004G1. The Aussie CV site has a download PDF to simplify programming the VFD. I have one for my Max and just have to get off my butt and get it done. I wanted the variable speed.

we run ours off a rotary phase converter- works well- but we run a bunch of other machines off the RPC as well.
i concur with all that Curly says!!

Back