Clear Vue Performance

• Thread starter Guest_Bill Garver
  • Start date
G

Guest_Bill Garver

I don't seem to find anything on the performance of the Clear Vue cyclone with the 5 Hp Leeson motor and the 15" impeller being offered. That size impeller isn't in Bill Pentz' fan table, either. Does anyone have measured, or even estimated, performance?

I may not be interpreting Bill's table correctly, but it looks like a 16 " impeller wants to pull an awful lot of air through a 6" duct, and requires a bunch o' horsepower to do it. I guess I'm wondering if one needs to have a minimum static pressure in the ducting to keep the motor from wanting to draw too many amps. If that's not a concern, and assuming this combo pulls significantly more than 800 CFM, does one want to do anything to keep the velocity down to about 4000 fps? (I'm assuming noise increases along with air velocity).

Bill,
We submited one of our units to FFW for review. They are doing a review of a range of available dust collection equipment which should be out in the next couple of months. I received the test results for the clearvue and several other units. I attached the result for the Clear Vue Unit with the 15" impeller in the word doc below labled Clear Vue. It shows that we are moving about 1450 CFM @ 4" SP and about 1200 CFM @ around 8" SP. These tests were done with seasoned filters attached. Also, I would like to add that Matt and I have just installed the new 15" impeller and blower housing on his system. It really made a big difference on the 4" pickups.....not as much on the 6" pickups, but a noticeable difference though from the 14" system. The 4000 fpm that is used in ducting is a minium number in vertical runs....not an ideal number. It really doesn't hurt to move air at a higher speed and there is no sound of air moving in the ducting. The only sound you will hear is at the pickups.

Ed

Back