Clear Vue Portable

bbruno

Hi folks,

I would like to build a Clear Vue portable dust collector (similar to the Oneida Dust Gorilla Portable) using the Clear Vue 1800 series. Has anyone been able to build such a unit?

Thanks! b

The Clear Vue is not designed to support the weight of the motor etc on the cyclone shell. If you built a frame to support the unit, you might have some success.
But why?
Look at the performance specs for the product you reference. You invest in a Clear Vue for reason.

Don

CV portable

CV portable

bbruno,
There is one mobile version of the CV1800 in the photo gallery. Look under "A mobile installation of a clearvue". It's quite complicated, because he separated the blower from the cyclone to gain some height, so I would be reluctant to recommend the approach. If you have a little over 8 feet of height I don't see any reason you could not make a simple portable.
bababrown

Don and bababrown,

Thanks for the info!

bbruno,
There is one mobile version of the CV1800 in the photo gallery. Look under "A mobile installation of a clearvue". It's quite complicated, because he separated the blower from the cyclone to gain some height, so I would be reluctant to recommend the approach. If you have a little over 8 feet of height I don't see any reason you could not make a simple portable.
bababrown

Back