Connecting intake chute to duct

Roger D

What is everyone using to connect the intake chute to their ductwork? My ductwork is 6" snap lock pipe. I thought I would use 6" flex duct but there is no way I can fit that over the intake chute which measures aprox 6.5" OD.
I tried a 6" fernco but that will not fit over the intake chute either. I feel like I am missing something obvious.

Thanks

I used the Fernco. I don't remember, I may have sat it in boiling water first. I used boiling water to soften the sewer & dain pvc pipe to neck it down to get the flex pipe on it. ROG

I would use a short length of sdr35 or d2729 pipe to connect to the cyclone and then use the fernco coupling between the pipe and your snap lock pipe. The pvc pipes fit inside the cyclone inlet.
Bababrown

I used a 6 inch rubber hub connector with stainless steel bands. I had to shave less than 1/16" from the inside of the hub to get the necessary clearance, but it slips right on once started. The hub is designed to join PVC, Cast Iron, ABS pipes when pipes or diameters are just off.

Just snug the stainless steel band down enough to make an air tight seal. Don't over do it, as the transition is easy to crack.

611918018287lg.jpg

Here is listing from Lowe's website.
AMERICAN VALVE 6-in x 6-in Dia Flexible PVC Coupling Fittings

Item #: 50835 | Model #: RC150

$15.28

Thanks for the help. I have a short piece of sdr35 in the intake chute and will use a fernco to connect to my metal duct.

Back