Current CV1800 Installation

Mike Dorsam

I deleted my first rant on my CV18 issues.

Clearvue Customer Service (DeAnn Hammond) has been GREAT!. Along with being confused by the video documentation, and reading between the line on the Instruction Manual; some of my parts were received damaged. Clearvue has offered to replace the parts; and I'll avail myself of this opportunity. Certainly, I'm disappointed so far. Once I get past the parts issues, I should have an excellent DC system.

Mike

Last edited:
The Wheel of Progress has turned several revolutions in recent days...

Essentially, the system is installed, and I'm waiting for my caulking to dry: self-constructed Clean-out Box, and touch-ups on the system.

PVC Connections - I've corresponded with Wynn Environmental on their flexhose - they intend for 'sleeves' to be inserted into the hose, to form connections - the flexhose is not intended to stretch around, be coaxed around anything.

Lowes (big box) stores carry metal 6" to 4" reducers which fit perfectly inside the 6" - 2729 piping: I'll use this to connect to my 4" port tools (Unisaw, PM jointer).

There nothing overly difficult about the Installation process - as I look back; however, I've had personal shortfalls on:
Wiring (working 10/3 wire that is 35 degrees cold is tough, and will cut you);
Motor - I was convinced the motor was wired in the wrong rotation: it was correctly wired - causing a delay as I corresponded with Clearvue & Leeson;
Impeller Housing needed replacing (lost about one week) - UPS was a bit careless with the original package);
Unassisted Self-Install - meant that I had to be creative in hoisting the system into place; and everything was done sequentially, rather than in conjunction with a partner.

Some lessons: purchase the Aluminum Hanger Bracket - it's easy to make you're own, but time consuming; purchase the Clean-Out Box -see first comment; purchase the Electrical box - see first comment.

Last Things - complete ducting - caulk still drying; move some electric conduit - obstructed by ducting; re-start woodworking.
Mike

Last edited:
Mike, for my 4" drops, I used the 6-6-4 wye from Lowes. They aren't cheap, but worked fine, especially where I needed one over the TS and the 6" pipe continued to the west wall to service the multifunction wall system. Jim.

Jim:

Very Helpful. One of the upgrade reasons is to collect dust off the TS Blade, in conjunction with the traditional 4" tailpipe.

As of this writing, typing, I'm operational on all tools - essentially, where I was pre-Clearvue; though, with a lot more CFM. Over the next several weeks, I'll fine-tune many things.

I do notice that chips remain in cyclonic suspension - very quickly circulating in the cyclone, without dropping into the collection bin (I think I saw a post on this... ) during BS and TS operations. I'll do some research on this.

You Take Care.
Mike

Back