CV 1800 footprint?

docrawdad

I am designing and building a 22x25 workshop area with an outside kickout utility room for my compressor and dust collection system. I am trying to do a floorplan for the contractor of this building. I need the appropriate footprint size for the CV 1800. The building will have a 10 ceiling and is 10'x6' in size. If there is anything else that I need to consider, please dont hesitate to mention. Thanks in advance for the any information. doc

Last edited:

Jim O'Dell

Doc, I was right with you until the 10'X6' part. It's a little late to get out to the shop tonight. But it easily fits inside the closet I made for mine that is about 38" deep. Will you also be using filters? I'd plan for about 4' wide minimum. I think my closet is about 5' wide, then I decided to exhaust outside. Not sure what I'll do with the extra space.
Looking at the specs page on Ed's web site, I think what the drawings say is 34.26" in width and 21.13" deep. That's not the size for the closet, but the actual dimensions of the equipment with filter. Good luck with your new building. Wish I could have built my shop from the ground up. I wouldn't be stuck with the 7'8" ceiling height I have. Not sure how they did that anyway. Cut a normal stud down? :confused: Jim.

docrawdad

Jim, thanks for the reply. The 6'x10' utility room is the slab for an old shed and is connected to the outside perimeter of the new addition. The actual size building I am building is 50'x22' with a 25' workshop, 10' storage area (to replace the old shed) and a 15' office area. All rooms will be 22' wide. I am now reconsidering the outside vent as I will be discharging shop air outside including the heat/air. I have an area 7'x4' next to one of the garage doors that I could utilize for an enclosure for the dust collection system. It also would be easier to route the piping from that location to my major tools. I also am planning a mini-cyclone on a cart for the smaller tools and the portability around the shop.

My father passed away last year and left me his tools. I am trying to build the workshop that he never had or could afford. This is sorta my tribute to him and what he taught me over the years. Thanks for the help and I am sure I will have additional questions as building progresses. doc

R and D Nikkel

What I would suggest is to plan out how you will set up your filters FIRST. That will determine how much room you need for your set up. Our room is 6" long by 4" wide, which would work well if we had the filters set up directly below the transition as most people do. We did it differently as we also wanted the option of venting outside when we can, yet returning the air to the shop when it is too cold to warm the make up air. We didn't plan well ahead of time and have ended up with more bends in our system than we would like. Ideally the system would discharge toward the long side of the room, with your outside outlet to the far end and your filters etc. in between.

cvAdmin

Administrator
Doc,
The easiest way to exhaust outside is to use our standard setup and put a blast gate on the clean out box at the bottom of the filters. Then just pipe the blast gate discharge to the outside. When you open the blast gate, most of the air will follow the path of least resistance and exhaust to the outside. That is a lot simpler than an 8" "Y" at the discharge of the blower with two 8" blast gates. This is a link to our Drawings & Specifications page. Hope this helps. http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/Specifications.htm

Ed

Last edited:

Jim O'Dell

OK, I see. The 6X10 is a separate space.
Looks like you have some great answers here. Ed, I'm not sure I would have thought of your solution of openineg up the bottom of the filters and pipe that outside. How much extra height do you think you'd need to be able to do that? I'd think a 10' ceiling would give plenty of height.
Doc, let us know how you proceed. Maybe in your spare time :D you can draw out a floor plan so we have a better idea on the space and where you think you'll be placing the equipment. Jim.

R and D Nikkel

We did what Ed suggested. We have to figure out better way to make a blast gate for a position where it won't be sucked closed but rather pushed "open" with the outlet air. But the idea seems to work well. I guess we will know more in the summer when we get it open.

And if anyone wants an 8" Y...

Last edited: