CV 1800 Question

I noticed that the gap between the central tube and the ramp on the original poster's CV-1800 (Post #17 above) was larger than I have seen in most cases. It is clearly visible in the stopped 3-second video he posted. While the accumulated dust does not impact performance, the dust could be removed by dismantling the cone section from the blower and then removing the solid MDF top plug that centers the tube (in my 13 year old model, it is held in place with several screws). The "dead area will be exposed and could be cleaned out. If he went to the trouble to do that, he might be able to add a piece of clear Tygon tubing slit along its length and inserted over the ramp edge, thus narrowing the gap when the tube is re-inserted. The easier approach as I suggested above would be to use compressed air through the grommet seen in his video to re-suspend the dust accumulation and get it to exit back through the gap. Yet another solution that might be feasible is to seal the gap with silicone sealant by hand through the inlet chute, but it would be difficult.

Thanks for pointing out that the gap is easily visible in that video, Rob. Very interesting. I don't recall such a large gap in my CV1800; my recollection is that the fit was much tighter.

Now I'm curious to see what that gap will look like in our CVMAX when it arrives.

Thanks for the help folks. When it comes time to clean the filters I will disassemble the cyclone and seal up the gap.

Back