CV Inlet Duct Run

JDButler

I believe I recall being told when I purchased my CV1800 that Clear Vue recommended the first 7 foot of duct from the inlet be straight-in to get maximum separation in the cyclone, but I can't find any information about it now. Does anyone have some advice about this?

Also, would it be a problem or reduce performance if I were to place a Wye right at the inlet?

CV Inlet Duct Run

The advice for a straight section comes from Bill Pentz. I think the object is to minimize turbulence going into the cyclone. On the other hand we sometimes are forced to the less than optimum. I use a 22.5 ell immediately following a 45 ell right at the input to the cyclone because I have little other choice. Separation is fine in my installation. If you can, include a straight section.
bababrown

Thanks Mr. Brown. I want to collect from an 18" planer that sits right beside the CV inlet so I want use a 6" branch wye right at the inlet but then I will have a straight run of 6" about 7" long. Does this sound like it would impair any performance? Thanks.

I think it will work okay. If you can, put the gate up close to the wye so the branch (when off) has minimal effect on all the other ports. Also, make sure your dust bin is sealed as a leak on the bottom of the cyclone will mess up separation.
bababrown

Back