CV1800 Bundle - 16 in blower

I cannot think of a condition that it would not be of benefit. The larger fan should give about 6 or 7 percent more airflow and it should develop around 14 percent more pressure.So it will develop more power and give more airflow in any duct configuration. The only negative is that it will cost a little more to run it.
Bababrown

When I ordered my 1800 a few months ago I opted for the 16" impeller and Cathy told me it would add an additional 20-25% airflow. My layout required a lot of changes in ducting direction so I'm hoping the added flow will overcome some of those losses.

Also, bigger is always better, right??? ;)

Brian

I ask because the 16" impeller is standard on the CVMAX - which has a larger diameter (and possibly height or other geometry) cyclone. The motors are identical... I figured that there were two models for a reason - maybe the larger cyclone is needed to effectively separate dust/chips from the higher CFM/pressure blower. If not, why bother with the two cyclone sizes?

So I guess the question I should have asked is, why would I pick a CVMAX over a CV1800 with a 16" blower?

Bill Pentz designed the CV1800 first and then designed a scaled up version which became the CVMAX. The CV1800 (one rotation sense) with the 15 inch blower uses about 3.5 HP while the CVMAX uses the full 5 HP motor capability. Bill has stated a number of times that a larger impeller would provide better performance without overloading the motor for the CV1800 with the one rotation sense. When the larger blower became available I think it became apparent that the availability of an upgrade made sense. The CVMAX is scaled up so the input pipe is 8 inches in diameter and the intake chute is proportionately larger. The head loss through the cyclone is smaller. The MAX is made to run two machines simultaneously whereas the CV1800 is meant to run one machine. I think that is what you should make a decision on.
bababrown

Back