Cv1800 remote extension

Phinphan

I have my cv1800 in a closet, the remote sometimes needs multiple pushes to activate. Can I extend the receiver outside the closet to increase the reception?

You can easily place the remote receiver closer to your shop interior and get a better signal from the wireless remote. I am assuming that you purchased the Electric Box from Clearvue with your cyclone. Rather than modifying that unit by getting inside to change the wiring, I'd suggest you purchase a wireless remote outlet switch from Amazon (available for under $15 such as this example) and place it near an outlet on the wall in your shop and add an appropriate length extension cord from there to the Electric Box next to your cyclone. Remove the short plug end of the cord coming from the top of the Electric Box and plug it into the female end of the extension cord. The male end of the extension cord plugs into the new wireless outlet. You can set the old remote transmitter to the side and the new hand transmitter will control your cyclone..

I bought the remote start set up from clearvue and I have to hit the button twice sometimes and I'm at max 12' away from the receiver. Seems like mine takes a little bit longer push of the button to start/stop every time (like hold it down for a half second). Where as a quick tap of the button doesn't always work.

Back