CV1800 vs. CVMax

doughpat

Hi all-

I am paying for my decision to "go big". I'm worried this CVMax is way too loud for my classroom. I haven't yet run it with the air filter attached (just the elbow on the exhaust, as well as most of the intake piping wide open). I'm sure it will quiet down once I get the air filter on. Also, there is no type of cabinet whatsoever.

But....I'm now thinking: I should have gone with the CV1800. I wonder if I should just bite the bullet and pay to exchange for the 1800. If I'm not mistaken, the only difference is the size of the impeller. If so, it would be a relatively simple (though a major PITA at this point) to swap it out. I know the MAX is rated to handle two machines running at once, but if I'm being honest with myself, that is probably going to be a pretty rare occasion.

Any predictions on the noise level decrease between the Max and the 1800?

I was hoping to get away without building a cabinet/closet for this thing. Space is sort of limited, and my students will love watching it in operation. But holy cow--that thing is audible in the entire building.

Last edited:
I think you would notice very little difference in the loudness between the CVMAX and CV1800. Adding the filters will help but I think you will be much better off adding a closet around the entire unit. The closet makes a huge difference in sound level.
bababrown

Back