"cyclone room"

woodchik

I'm preparing to buy and install a cyclone and I want to install it in a "room" behind my shop.

First, what are the necessary interior dimensions for a "room" that will solely house the cyclone?

Next, do I have to provide a return air vent/duct from the room back to the shop? I live in Arizona and my shop is in a 3 car garage, uh, shop. No cars allowed ;) I have no gas fixtures on my property (total electric), so no sources for carbon monoxide or other gas emmissions. Because of the climate, I typically have either the walk through door to the back yard open or one or both of the roll-up doors open. Oh, I don't have any climate control devices in my shop besides big fans. So, is there any reason to bring the filtered air back to the shop or could I just provide some vents in my cyclone room to the outside for the air to evacuate through.

Thanks for any information you can provide. I hope to be submitting my order for a Clear Vue Cyclone system within the next week.

Tracy

Tracy, congrats on your decision on the Clear Vue!! To your question...Given the climate you live in and the fact that you're not trying to hold heat or cold in, venting outside is perfectly fine. I'm still wiring the electrical of my shop, even tho I have the basic parts of my Clear Vue installed. Once I get the lights and electrical finished up, I'll be working on ducting, then getting down to making some dust. keep us informed on how your install goes! Jim.

Back