Dust Collector Filters

CleanAir707

Hello everyone!
I'm new to the woodworking industry and thought it would be interesting to start a conversation about dust collector filters that are used in wood shops.

What types of dust collector filters/brands do you use in your shop? I have heard of many from Grizzly to Donaldson/Torit.

What is the purpose of getting a pleated dust collector cartridge filter like the one shown below?

Attachments

• E04365.01 Resize.jpg
    E04365.01 Resize.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 0
I used an older version of today's 9L300 NANO from Wynn Environmental. Actually, two of them. Clearvue uses the same filters with different flanges. The point of pleating is to get much more filter surface area in a compact package. The 300 in the model number is the square footage of filter area in a single unit.
bababrown

For whatever reason my post was unapproved. The point of pleated filters is to get much more filter surface area in a compact package than can be obtained in say bag filters. I used two filters of 300 square feet area each similar to those now provided by clearvue.
bababrown

The point of pleated filters is to get more filter square footage in a compact package than can be obtained with say bag filters.
bababrown

Back