Dust swirling not dropping no leaks detected

Carswell

Dust swirls in the bottom half and doesnt drop down. Everything is sealed like mad so I'm really confused. Is it possible my brand new bin from clearvue has a leak ? Is there any or we leak spots that I should look at ? How do I test the bin seal ?

Carswell,

It sounds like you still have some leakage into the drum or the entry connection in the top of it. With the unit running, you need a smoke stick (incense stick, a cigarette or something similar) and move it carefully around the duct at the base of the cone, the fitting into the lid and around the edge of the lid where it meets at the top of the drum. If you are using a galvanized ash barrel, check the rivets where the handles attach as they may leak as well. Any leak will be evident with the smoke being sucked into the drum or connection at that point. Hope this helps.

Thank you. I got some incense today I'll test it More. It's a brand new factory clearvue 35 or 40 gallon (cant remember size) bucket. I can only imagine its leaking from the lid seal somehow and if its leaking there that will be disappointing to have to seal it and unseal it to dump the can

I should have included a solution when you detect any leaks. Use clear Silicone sealant both inside and outside of where you detect leaks and wait a day to let it cure.

Thank you. I got some incense today I'll test it More. It's a brand new factory clearvue 35 or 40 gallon (cant remember size) bucket. I can only imagine its leaking from the lid seal somehow and if its leaking there that will be disappointing to have to seal it and unseal it to dump the can

I am confused re: sealing and unsealing the lid. I have to remove the lid to dump. I have three leak points that have to be checked each time I dump my bin. The two hose clamp joints connecting the lid to the cyclone body, and the lid to drum seal. My bin is a 210 litre plastic barrel. After dumping, I put it back together, turn on the cyclone, lift the bin slightly using the lid. If the lids comes off, I have a leak. It doesn’t take much of a leak to mess up the dead zone required in the bin.

The lid needs a good pliable gasket between the lid and the rim of your bin. The silicone sealant should only be used on the inlet hose connections (I never needed any on mine; just used good hose clamps) and the collar that penetrates the lid itself. I prefer a solid MDF or 3/4" flat lid with a groove cut on the underside to accept a self-adhesive foam rubber weatherstripping in the groove. Suction should pull the lid down tight, but if it does not, you can use some Toggle Latches like these from Amazon.com

I just finished my install and enclosure.
I have the same problem of swirling dust in the cyclone. I have the 20 gallon CV drum which I bought in hopes of fixing problem but No luck.
Did you solve the problem? Interested
to know the fix.
Thanks

Back