Dylos air quality group buy offer

Roadkill401

Dylos has graciously accepted our request to do another discounted group buy for woodworkers.

Their line-up of Air Quality Monitors are on their homepage: http://dylosproducts.com/

If you are interested please fill out this form to keep up to date on the progress and current prices based on the number of forms sent in.

How do you get in on the action you ask?
You can download the order form from here: http://goo.gl/HO1te . It has been approved by Dylos.
Any woodworker can use the above form to order their air quality monitor before September 4th, 2012.
The discount will be applied based on the number of forms faxed in to Dylos by due date. Please keep in mind that e-mail is not a secure form of communication, it is not wise to send your credit card information via e-mail.

The discount tiers are as follows:
1-10 people 10% discount (so this is the minimum you'll save by sending in the form)
11-25 people you'll save 15%
26-50 people you'll save 20%
51-100 people you'll save 25%
over 100 people you'll save 30%

We are encouraged to share this opportunity with other woodworking forums, it will benefit us and Dylos. So any volunteers to do so please post in this thread. This way we can avoid multiple postings, and ensure we get the word out to all the forums.

The PDf and the form were created and are maintained by me. So any problems, mistakes or omissions are my responsibility, not Dylos'.

I figure that most members would have gone out and bought one of the best cyclones on the market, but the only real way to make sure it's working correctly is to test the air. This will allow you to test the filters to make sure they are working, and all the ducting to make sure it's not leaking. Just another must have tool in my opinion.

Matt.

Mike-- I bought one of the DC1100-Pro-PC models on one of the Sawmill Creek buys last year. I later bought a 9-pin COM to USB adapter at a COMP-USA store that works well with it. It is an excellent monitoring tool.

PS -- hope your Bin Sensor is still working as expected -- as you may have seen, I upgraded it with a new enclosure and newer sensors and ClearVue Cyclones is now selling it through their website.

Mike-- I bought one of the DC1100-Pro-PC models on one of the Sawmill Creek buys last year. I later bought a 9-pin COM to USB adapter at a COMP-USA store that works well with it. It is an excellent monitoring tool.

PS -- hope your Bin Sensor is still working as expected -- as you may have seen, I upgraded it with a new enclosure and newer sensors and ClearVue Cyclones is now selling it through their website.

Rob - the bin sensor is still going strong after maybe 20 full bins in my hobby shop. Besides not over filling I like the fact that I also never underfill. With your sensor my can is filled to the rim every time. And yes I see you offer your product at Clearvue now - every ClearVue owner should have one.

On the Dylos - I bought one several years ago on the SMC group buy. I just thought by now they would have updated the PC interface. Maybe they have improved but when I had mine the com to usb needed software and you downloaded the data to a text editor and then imported it into a spreadsheet. After surveying my shop with it, buying the CV cyclone and buying an air filtration box I sold it. I found with the CV running my garage shop air was cleaner than the air in my house and that unlike many reviews for air filtration units that say they take several hours to clear the air in a matter of 10-15 minutes they do a great job.

Mike

After surveying my shop with it, buying the CV cyclone and buying an air filtration box I sold it. I found with the CV running my garage shop air was cleaner than the air in my house and that unlike many reviews for air filtration units that say they take several hours to clear the air in a matter of 10-15 minutes they do a great job.

Mike

The reason that I brought up the Dylos tester here. After spending $2000 on a proper cyclone, I would want to verify that I am getting the efficiencies that the unit can bring. But how would you go about testing it?

I want to know that my ducting is not leaking? I want to know is my table saw spitting out fine dust all over me? Do I need a better hood for my drill press? My bandsaw has 2x4" ports on it. Do those work or do I need to modify how the dust it picked up.

It's all find and dandy that I have 1300+ cfm suction but if I am not putting that potential to use and in the right place, then it's all for nothing. And I think this is one of the best tools to do this.

Am I going to get one with a computer interface.. I don't really see the point. I don't need to have a chart to show me that my air was clean every day this week. But what I do want is a tool that I can verify if when I make a change that it didn't break the clean air that I want to have.

Matt.

From my experience the PC interface is a big plus, but, the interface with all the advances in electronics should be updated. Here is an example output from my garage shop:

Garage.jpg

Sorry, but don't remember the chain of events but I made several of these plots for most of my tools.

Mike

Back