Eight inch 3034 fittings

Flintshooter

Even though it would probably be overkill, I am leaning toward a CVMax just so there will be as much suction as possible.
I checked the nearest Menards today and six inch ASTM 3034 pipe and fittings were reasonable enough to let me consider a complete replacement of the current all metal ducting I have with my 2hp Oneida. The Max requires some eight inch pipe and fittings which Menards didn't have so I checked a few sources online. Glad I was sitting down. Prices for ONE eight inch wye were $170 up. Price for one six inch wye at Menards was $17. I understand that when less units of something are made it can drive the price up, but I can't understand how any mass-produced piece of plastic can cost that much more just because there is a little bit more of it.
Have others than installed plastic duct with a CVMax run into the same kinds of prices?

Flintshooter,
if you google 8" sdr 35 fittings you will find several sites advertising much lower prices. But search locally because shipping costs too much and sdr35 is widely available.
bababrown

Back