Electrical Box With Remote

I bought the electrical box with remote. In reviewing some older instructions that appear in the forum or older version of the manual, it seems to suggest that the electrical supply (120v) for the remote should be from the lights and not a regular outlet. Is this true? Am I reading this correctly?

I can run a line from my lights to the location of the box/remote, but I have a 120v outlet already in place. All the 120v outlets in my shop are on their own circuits. Well, technically every wall outlet has a corresponding outlet in the ceiling, so every two outlets are on their own circuit.

The stated reason for running power from the lights was to reduce frequency conflicts with the remote.

Running an outlet from my last fluorescent fixture won't be a problem, except that all my light banks are run off the same circuit - I guess the benefit of installing high efficiency fluorescent fixtures (?). I have two sets of light switches, but only one breaker feeding the entire light system. I was concern when the electrician did this (thinking if the breaker trips, I'm in the dark) but he was adamant that the entire shop lighting system drew so few amps that a trip was impossible.

So, any known issues with the remote system if I use a wall outlet versus power being supplied by the light circuit? I guess one advantage by running power from lights is that when I turn off the lights, the cyclone cannot start from the remote system.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Mark,
The only reason to run the 120 volts from the shop lights is to prevent false turn ons when the shop is unoccupied. The load on the 120 volts from the cv box is insignificant so you need not worry about overloading the light circuit. On the other hand you can use any other 120 volt circuit if you want. I used a new circuit so i could run a shop vac off it in my install.
Bababrown

For the 220v/ 30 amp feed for CV, my shop was wired with a 3/1 romex cable to the outlet. So I have two lines (red/black), a neutral (white) and a ground (green). What should I do with the neutral (white)? Should I just cap it with a wire nut? Does the neutral have to be terminated? Does it have to be disconnected from the bus bar in the panel?

Thanks.

Back