Emptying trash bin

Nyaniko

Our new CVMax is up and running and works really well. I live in a community, so I was just wondering: what happens if someone turns the cyclone on but the dust bin is not in place? For example... if one person is emptying the bin, person #2 doesn't notice, and turns the unit on...

Nyaniko,

Not a good thing... A significant amount of suction (SP) will be lost at any tool port that is open because of air that will come into the base of the cyclone, but any dust that is sucked into the unit will immediately be re-entrained into the exhaust air and go through the blower into the filters. You need to be certain usesr are aware that the cyclone is not in a ready state.

Another Trash Bin Question

Another Trash Bin Question

Now, when the cyclone is turned on, the trash bin lifts up into the air, so I had to clamp it down. Is it normal for the 6" flex pipe to compress and lift the bin into the air like that?

Indeed it is normal. Mine does the same when it's empty. It comes down when it gets a little dust in it. By the way, I use a plug in a regular receptacle to connect the coil of the contactor which in turn controls the motor. If you are concerned about someone turning on the cyclone when you are emptying the bin the plug is an easy way to disable it.
bababrown

Yea, that's what I've done - the way I have the cyclone set up, there is an emergency shutoff lever near the trash bin. I printed out instructions that clearly state to turn the lever to off before emptying the bin.

About the bin lifting into the air - first I tried putting a 20lb brick into it to weigh it down, it lifted up just like before. So I cut a couple slots in the bottom lip and made front and back "bin locks", the front one is hinged so it is still very easy to get the bin out and empty it. Those bin locks have successfully held the bin down.

Back