Fines settling in cyclone

nortana

I have fines settling in the upper portion of my cyclone. The pile seems to be getting deeper (about 3-1/2 yrs worth) and I'm wondering if any of you have experienced this???? I have checked my filters and don't seem to have anything plugging them. My only thought is a small air leak..........but cheez...it has to be small.

Nortana,
Is this in the section above the ramp? The ramp is not sealed around the edge. My CV1800 has gotten a little dirty in that area and my CV lid has gotten quite dirty. I have very little fines settling in that area. I doubt this hurts performance much but a few have sealed the gap with molding. I've had mine a similar time; from late 2008.
bababrown

In many cases, fine dust gets into the upper cylinder by passing around the edges of the spiral ramp, which is not sealed. It is of little consequence although it is a bit unsightly. You'd need to disassemble the cyclone from the blower and remove the upper cyclinder cap and center riser to get at the outside edge of the ramp -- cleaning out the dust could be done with an air hose and long wand on it and then a good bead of clear silicone caulk could then seal the ramp. It is lots of work to clear up a problem that has almost no impact on performance, just aesthetics.

Hope this answers your question.

I'm going to hope for the best here......I have not posted a photo here yet....so I hope it works.
I took a shot this morning and it shows 2 seperate piles of fines that have settled out before going to the filters.........or so I figure.

Unless my photo appears when I post for real........I will try again later.
Thanks,
gary

I have fines also in small accumulation around the upper cyclone. I do not think this affects anything, nor do I think I have an air leak...we are just able to see it because our cyclones are clear...all those steel drums from other manufacturers prob have the same pile up. :D

Back