fines settling

nortana

I have fines settling right at the top of my cyclone before entering to the filter. I hadn't checked this area for some time and now it looks to be coated 3" to 4" up on the plastic.
I have a good seal at the bottom of the cyclone to the waste bin. Where do you think my problem is.
Thanks,
gary

That is a dead air space. Very little air goes in, so any fines are bound to settle out. It is harmless even though it does not look so great. Some threads talk about ways to seal it off. Mine is in a closet, so I left it alone.

Steve

fines

fines

Steve.......ya, my collector is also in a closet. That is why it I just noticed the big difference, while empying my can.
And I guess, now that I think about it, with all that dust up there some should be getting into my filters, and they seem to be clean.
Thanks,
gary

Steve.......ya, my collector is also in a closet. That is why it I just noticed the big difference, while empying my can.
And I guess, now that I think about it, with all that dust up there some should be getting into my filters, and they seem to be clean.
Thanks,
gary

My guess is that a small amount of unfiltered air sneaks into the crack along the outside wall of the cyclone.

The impeller pulls clean air from the center of the cyclone.

Steve

Back