Flexible duct hose suppliers

Jniehenk

Has anyone purchased 6" or 4" flexible hose from Mcmaster? Please reference part# if possible since they have so many. I am curious as to the quality of their Economical Clear PVC Duct Hose 6" 56355K34 and 4" 563355k33. Any other supplier recommendations beside wynn or Grizzly?

I posted this here about a year ago:

I purchased a 25' roll of the Economical Clear PVC Duct Hose 6" ID X 6-7/32" OD (Part No. 56355K34) from McMaster-Carr for $2.69/ft or $67.25 plus shipping. It is smooth on the interior and has 15 mil wall thickness (vs the 25 mil Duct Hose from Wynn). I also purchased a bundle of these 6" wire hose clamps for $0.95 each plus shipping from Redmond Machinery in Atlanta (I had tried to get a deal on some through Amazon.com, but it didn't work out). They work the nuts on hose. Hope this helps.:)

I'm not sure what the current price is, but the 6" hose is very good quality.

I've been looking for 6" flex and don't have much to report. In Canada, the best I can find is Lee Valley at close to $60 for a 10' length.

To make it interesting, Wynn Environmental will sell you a 10' roll and with shipping in costs almost the same. The dollar gets you though. To get the 25' roll which is a better deal as you essentially get 5' for free is quickly ruined with the almost $50 to ship it across the States. Plus another $50 to bring it home here in Canada.

I haven't bought any yet but it is looking like I am heading to Lee Valley.

On a side note, it is funny reading up about the 6" flex on the Wynn site. 'We have received lots of inquiries as to the quality of our 6" flex...' Haha, wonder which cyclone supplier's customers keep flooding them with the same question... so much so they had to include that statement!

Has anyone purchased 6" or 4" flexible duct hose from Mcmaster? Please reference part# if possible since they have so many. I am curious as to the quality of their Economical Clear PVC Duct Hose 6" 56355K34 and 4" 563355k33. Any other supplier recommendations beside wynn or Grizzly?

Mc master is best i guess. I have purchased from them in past and it was good

In the end I bought my 6" flex from Penn-State Industries. Bought all my metal wyes and 45's from them as well.

Is there a problem with the flex hose from Wynn? I was going to either get some of theirs or from McMaster.

No, there is no problem with the Wynn flex hose. I've used mine for 3 years without problems; no apparent wear or tears. It's smooth on the inside and fairly heavy. I'd recommend it.
bababrown

Back