FYI - 50hz Power Application & Leeson Motor

ChrisP

Like Erik from Norway another user here I needed to apply and use 50hz/240 volts to the Leeson motor supplied with a ClearVue. I too used a Variable Frequency Drive and finished up with a running current draw of about 8.9 to 9.1 amps which I thought was good and exactly the same as Erik obtained. I then worked out after conversations with James at ClearVue that I was turning the motor in the wrong direction, when I fixed that issue the current draw dropped to about 6.8 amps which I am super pleased with. I could now crank the RPM up to near 4,000 RPM if I wanted to but don't ever exceed that as it has not been designed to operate above that figure. If it suffers any impact above that speed it might not be a good idea to be around when the bits exit the fan housing.

I have seen some questions about direction of rotation and there is a really easy way to check it. The fan must rotate towards the welds on the fan blades as the weld takes the load, to rotate it the other way risks bending the blades.

Back