Gamma Seal Lid connecting CVMAX/CV1800 Filter Stack - Anyone done this?

Rushton

Wynn Environmental has posted an article about using Gamma Seal lids to create screw on air tight connections to mount filters to a manifold. See here.

Has anyone done this with the standard double double filter stack connection to the 90-debree transition from a CVMAX/CV1800?

I'm getting ready to install a CVMAX in a closet for our community workshop and am concerned about how us old guys can wrestle the filters out of the closet in the event we need to remove them for cleaning (compressed air blown from the outside, as I understand). And then how we reinstall them. I'm considering this because it would allow a screw connection for an airtight seal without having caulk between the filter cap and the transition plate.

Gamma Seal Connection for Filter Stack.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	Gamma Seal Connection for Filter Stack.png Views:	0 Size:	376.4 KB ID:	14497
YouTube video by SHAWИEE HILLS WORKSHOP, see here.

Gamma Seal.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	Gamma Seal.png Views:	0 Size:	852.6 KB ID:	14498

Last edited:
FWIW, I've decided this was a question in search of a problem.

On further reflection, and given my past experience with the CV1800, we are likely to never need to remove the filter stack on the CVMAX for cleaning. Any cleaning that may be needed will be done with the filters in place. We'll simply take a compressor hose at 40-60 psi from 12" or so away and blow the filters from the outside. Any dust caked on the inside walls will settle into the dust bin at the bottom of the filter stack, and we'll vacuum that out. Problem solved! Way over-thinking this.

Ruston, I had the same struggle not long ago. But after doing some research, this is the conclusion I came with. Firstly, make sure you are using good quality Gamma Seal Lids. I cannot emphasize enough how important this is. I personally used https://72hours.ca/collections/gamma-seal-lids and was totally satisfied with the quality and had no trouble installing it. Secondly, as you already mentioned, most probably, your CV1800 won’t need its filters removed for cleaning. Any cleaning can be done while keeping the lids on by blowing them from the outside.

Last edited:
Back