Hanging the CV1800

VermontDale

We are replacing a cyclone which was hung from a 12 foot ceiling on four threaded rods. There was a noise problem in the room directly above where the rods attached to the ceiling joists.

We are considering using these rods to mount the CV1800, but with "isolation spring hangers" inserted into each rod. The springs should eliminate the noise in the room above.

Questions:

Will this support approach allow the motor/impeller platform to vibrate too much since it is not well constrained?

Does anyone have experience with this mounting approach?

Thanks,

Dale

I would try and include another type damper, such as 6962K11 from mcmaster. I suspect, however, the mount is only part of the transmission. You might want to consider a noise barrier and pad the underside of the floor above.

I would second the opinion that vibration dampers will only partially solve the noise issue. Acoustic insulation above the unit is very important. Also realize that the bulk of the noise comes from the exhaust so some method of isolating the filters or outside exhaust will be very helpful in reducing the noise.

Hanging the CV1800

The CV1800 is now hung along with a noise abatement enclosure (about 35db) for the filter.

Once we get it wired up, the dust bin attached and the ductwork installed, we can do some meaningful noise measurements! That will tell the tale!

Dale

Back