Help with leak

and_rew09

Where is the leak? I use a fiber barrel with the lock ring. Should I make a new lid for it.

see attached picture\

Attachments

• clearvue.jpg
    clearvue.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 0
Get some of the closed cell foam weatherstripping from Home Depot or Lowe's or Ace etc, and put some where the lid touches the barrel. Then use the locking ring as normal and see if this doesn't take care of it. You won't want anything very thick...just enough to seal it off. Jim.

If the weatherstripping doesn't do the trick, use a smoke stick (a lit cigarette if you are a smoker) and see if you can detect the leak around the base or top or inlet. You may have a leaky barrel and if that is the case, I'd suggest using a full lid plastic barrel instead. I've found some through local salvage places that were used for shipping food (e.g., tomato sauce or cooking oil) or detergents. I've gotten them for $10 and they are made from heavy polyethylene and a solid MDF or plywood top with a routed groove and weatherstripping will provide a better leak proof bin.

How much wood is spinning in the cyclone at the arrow? From what I have read over the years and experienced myself it's normal to have a very small amount spin around in there.

Mike

I'm not a woodworker so I don't have really any wood that spins per say all the time. I use my collector for sandblasting. I do take chunks of wood and put them in the pipe to check for leaks and they always spin and never go down.

I bought a plastic barrel so I'm going to give it a whirl! 3 for $25

If the weatherstripping doesn't do the trick, use a smoke stick (a lit cigarette if you are a smoker) and see if you can detect the leak around the base or top or inlet. You may have a leaky barrel and if that is the case, I'd suggest using a full lid plastic barrel instead. I've found some through local salvage places that were used for shipping food (e.g., tomato sauce or cooking oil) or detergents. I've gotten them for $10 and they are made from heavy polyethylene and a solid MDF or plywood top with a routed groove and weatherstripping will provide a better leak proof bin.
I am a non smoker but i want to know how this system works. I have some quriosity in cigarette smoking. Why people smoke and what is the benefit of smoking. So me any real argument plz.

Back