how bad is it?

vol1988

I just realized I have constructed my blower so that the motor is mounted on what would normally be the cyclone or bottom side. I have searched several threads but am still confused as to if it is now useless or if I can reverse the direction of the motor and have just a minor loss of capacity. My impeller and cyclone are from Clearview.

Typically, If you look at the exhaust side of the blower the exit is on the right side, mine is on the left. This means that the concave side of the impeller is facing the exhaust exit instead of the convex side. Is this salvageable in any way?

I have been putting my system together for about a year and have learned alot from reading this forum, but apparently not enough.
thanks for any help.

You need to download the full CV1800 assembly instructions from the ClearVue Cyclones website, located here. I'd also suggest you review the videos in the same section.

I have to imagine that'll result in more than a little loss of performance.

Why not take it apart and put it together correctly?

thanks for the help.

to clarify- I built the blower myself from the Bill Pence plans, the impeller and cyclone were purchased from clearview.

I doubt making a new impeller would be less costly -- I looked at the Pentz plans and I think you should be able to reverse the blower housing with minor mods.

McRabbet
that looks like the best solution. I think I can flip it with a few mods. Worst case I will have to make a new bottom piece. Just frustrating that in trying to get things so perfect I missed such a big detail.
thanks

Back