Is this too far to run piping ?

Jake Darvall

I've got the 1800 clearvue with a 5hp motor.

After reading Bills stuff I am very concerned about static pressure.

My plan is to have the cyclone outside under an awning at the end of the building and run it along the wall past my lathe, jointer, thicknesser to the table saw. But the table saw would have to be some 30 odd feet away from the cyclone.

Will I still get enough suction for the table saw over that length ?

Tried to draw it ruffly in the picture I've attached of the shed I'm building.

thanks.

Attachments

• shed 2.JPG
    shed 2.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
sorry, the pictures not too good. I had to get the file size down to upload it. Basically the cyclones on the left, tablesaws on the far right where the text box is.

Hi,

You have to make sure that it won't get wet!! The motor isn't TEFC either. Don't worry about that length at all! I have some of my tools 50 feet away with several drops and 45's inbetween. Use 2 45's instead of 90 degree elbows and you will be fine.

Matt

I am guessing that the awning still has to be added? Looks to be 3 or 4' wide? That should keep it dry if that's the case.

Last edited:
Hi,

You have to make sure that it won't get wet!! The motor isn't TEFC either. Don't worry about that length at all! I have some of my tools 50 feet away with several drops and 45's inbetween. Use 2 45's instead of 90 degree elbows and you will be fine.

Matt

I am guessing that the awning still has to be added? Looks to be 3 or 4' wide? That should keep it dry if that's the case.

Thanks Matt. glad I needn't worry about the length.

yep, the awning was last minute idea. Waiting on the council to approve it. Origionally just having a fence running along the boundry, but then I thought I may as well make it covered for timber storage. Be good for the cyclone as well. Use the wall iron for the awning roof instead.

Back