Laguna Fusion dust collection

tweather

Hi Everyone,
These forums have been so helpful! I have a question about the dust collection for my Laguna Fusion table saw. The 4 inch port also has a small tube running to a blade shroud. I’m going to either increase the size of that port to a 5” or 6” port. Should I leave the shroud tube as is, or route it to the back of the saw body and hook a Fein Shop Vac up to a port I could install there? Also going to get a 4” SharkGuard. Is there a downside to this I am not seeing? Is it overkill?
Thanks,
Tim

Because HVLP (high volume low pressure) dust collectors have a limited static pressure that will have minimal draw through that small port. Better would be to attach the Fein directly when you have the stock guard on for any cuts you need it for. The Fein being LVHP (low volume high pressure) will have 8 to 15 times the static pressure so it will draw better through the small hose. The rest of the time the 4" on the Shark guard will serve the best. At least that would be how I would do it.

Pete

Thanks Pete. I appreciate your help. I’m attaching a picture of the 4” port with the shroud tube partially occluding it. I’m beginning the think I should block off the cabinet portion and use the tube connection for the Fein. I would then cut another 5” or 6” port perhaps in the back bottom part of the cabinet. Is this a workable idea? 0A2DE634-8058-43D4-B48F-439591A6922A.jpeg

You could try. Any chance there is an access door or panel that you could temporarily replace with plywood that you could make the new hole in. Then you could try your idea and see which way works better. Most people don't want the hassle of turning on two things to collect the dust. Must say though I wonder who came up with that port idea?

Pete

There is a louvered vent and clean out access a little NorthEast of that opening. If the port is in Texas, the clean out / vent is probably in Ohio / Kentucky. The spy balloon is somewhere out by the tilt wheel. For some reason inassumed the port had to be close to the bottom. If not, I’ll probably try that.

I'm Canadian and have enough problems trying to remember the ten provinces we have and you start using states for locations!!! 🤔🤪😵‍💫

I would have thought a bottom location is best but a temporary one higher up would indicate well enough that the below table collection is working. No dust coming out the front blade tilt slot or any other opening for instance. I wonder if that blade guard hose would work better if in the middle of a bigger port, bullseye like. Any chance opening the blade guard for a 4" hose is possible or is it a beast of a job?

Pete

Thanks for the help! I ended op going in through the vent in the side and connecting a 6” flex hose to the blade shroud. That and a 4” sharkguard should pretty well take care of everything.

Back