Lee valley self cleaning blast gates

Sierrawood

Just starting my ductwork and wondering if the lee valley metal self cleaning 6" blast gates will fit D2729 thin wall pvc or fittings? I can not seem to find ID or OD measurements for these gates. I can certainly use the plastic gates but prefer the metal ones.

McRabbet

Senior Forum Member
Check with their Customer Service to get the dimension; I use ClearVue Blast gates which fit perfectly and are very well made.

Fingerpicker

I will second Mcrabbet. I use the Clear Vue blast gates and find that they work smoothly and don't trap shavings. As with the cyclone itself, because they are made with clear Lexan, you can easily see if there is any build-up of dust or shavings.

Unless you want to get fancy and use motorized or solenoid actuated blast gates, I would stick with the ones from Clear Vue.

As a side note, they also make a splitter for two 4" pipes from one 6" that also works very nicely.

Sierrawood

I went with the clear vue 6" gates for all my 6" drops and a few of the double 4" box gates as well. Where I had single 4" drops I used the lee valley self cleaning gates since I could not find a blast gate to fit 4" pvc. System is working well so far. Love that cyclone!

Don01

The Lee Valley metal gate frames can be separated to make very nice port attachments. Especially for 6" adaptation.

Don