Leeson Motor Connects

bohaiboy

The install manula says use the CW configuration. Am I miss reading or does the motor itsef not come configured for the CCW configuration, meaning I need to change some wiring configuration from the motor around?

Also, what should I connect the ground wire too, there is a green screw for ground inside the switch cover of the motor. Do I connect it to somewhere else on motor.

And a final question. My garage was prewired 220 30/40 amps (can't remember) so i will need to install a plug running from the outlet to the relay. What gauge and how many wires would this be?

Based on your questions, I think you should hire an electrician. It will be well worth the money. A wiring mistake can be expensive and you will sleep better knowing it's done correctly.

DuaneD

Leeson motor connects

Leeson motor connects

I believe 10/3 with ground on 30A circuit breaker would be in compliance with NEC(National Electric Code). That means 3 insulated #10 conductors(preferably black, white, and red) and a bare #10 ground. Hope this is not too late. An electrician is not as expensive as a new motor. Has anyone used low voltage switching for their relay with multiple on/off switch locations?

Thanks, I did use 10/3. However it kept tripping the 30 amp circuit. Have the motor in Leeson certified repair shop as per Ed Morgano.

Back