Leeson p145k34dk8a parts

calgaryguy

Hi there;

I just picked up a used 10-12 year old Clearvue 1800 which has the Leeson p145k34dk8a motor installed.

I need a couple of parts for the motor: both capacitors and a rotational/centrifugal switch for the armature shaft. I broke the bakelite-type material on the centrifugal switch during disassembly to access the bearings. ROT/Centrifugal switch looks like https://www.electricmotorwholesale.com/LEESON-006349-02 . I'm going to source the bearings locally from a specialty bearing supplier who sells FAG, SKF, etc quality bearings.

I appreciate any help you may be able to provide. I have plenty of experience in replacing bearings in motors like this and have all the appropriate pullers/arbor press/etc to complete it properly.

McRabbet

Senior Forum Member
I would suggest that you find a small electric motor repair facility in your area. They should know what part is appropriate.

calgaryguy

I would suggest that you find a small electric motor repair facility in your area. They should know what part is appropriate.

I ended up going this route. I'm in a fairly major Canadian city that services the Oil and gas Industry, so I had a few choices for motor repair shops. Apparently Leeson doesnt provide very good service for things like the rotational switch I needed, HOWEVER I managed to find a local shop (James Electric) that searched their leeson bins and found me the exact rotational switch I needed. They also had the required Start Capacitor I needed but they and 4 other motor repair places I visited had Run Capacitors that were too big to fit in the cap housing. I ended up going to an electronic supply store (B&E Electronics) who had an NTE run capacitor that fit!

So ~$80 CDN (50-60 bucks in american kopeks) in bearings and capacitors and rotational switch later and my 5Hp leeson runs again!

Cheers!