Locating 8 and 6 inch pvc fittings

jgruberak

I have found a local supplier for my pvc drain pipe but have been unable to locate fittings locally. On the internet I have found a few of the required 8" WYE and 45 degree fittings at U. S. Plastic Corp. Is $180 out of line for a 8" 45 WYE? How about $77 for the 45 degree couplers? Anyone have a cheaper supplier to suggest?
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=24159

Thanks John

I would recommend using D-2729 or D-3034 Sewer and Drain solvent weld (bell end) pipe and associated fittings. Your link is for vastly more expensive HVAC fittings, which are overkill (IMHO). You can buy 6" fittings at McMaster-Carr, but 8" fittings are harder to find. They are made by companies like US Plastics and Genova. 8" fittings for D-3034 (aka SDR 35) are made, but you need to hunt for them (do a Google search on PVC sewer pipe fittings). An easier and fuly suitable solution is to make your own Wyes using this template software and some PVC cement. If you buy 6" fittings, avoid Tees as they have high static pressure loss; instead, buy sweep elbows (see McMaster-Carr) or make your 90's with two 45's and a short section of straight pipe.

I use nothing but 6" D-2729 and it is cheaper and easier to use.

Going to try making my own fittings

Going to try making my own fittings

Thanks Rob,
After searching I have decided to try to make my own fittings using the software you suggested. Should have the pipe in hand in a week or so and had to buy enough that I will have extra to allow for mistakes. As I have the max on order I need the 8" for the main line. At least that is my understanding.

Thanks again for your reply.
John

You can search by keywords, product number or use Quick Product Finder to quickly locate the exact fittings you require. :)

Back