locating cyclone outside

fhean

Hello, I'm brand new to these forums, so we'll see how this works. I'm very interested in reworking my dust collection system, for the usual reasons of improved performance. I'm thinking that one of the ClearVue models is the way to go, and I'm giving thought to locating the unit outside the walls of my shop, primarily for noise control reasons. (A friend of mine has one in his cinder block building, and it is way louder than my current 2.5 HP PennState model.) Whether or not I locate the cyclone outside, I"m planning to vent outside anyway. My primary question is about being able to turn it off and on from inside. I will be getting a remote controller anyway. I don't imagine that if the actual controls or relay box is outside, the remote can trigger it through the walls, right? (Walls are interior 1/2" drywall, 5.5"cellulose insulation, 1/2"OSB sheathing, and fiber cement siding). So I would simply locate the control box inside and wire it through the wall? I've wired the whole building myself, and passed inspection, but I'm not as familiar with mechanical wiring. If any one out there has some good advice, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

RF Remote

RF Remote

Fhean,

The remote CV sells (Carlon, also available through Ace) works on RF. It should be able to penetrate your walls. So far as I've been able to determine, with both the Carlon remote and UHF remotes for satellite receivers, the only things that seem to foil communication are distance and metal.

Wasn't clear from your post, but your proposed location for the cyclone is, or will be, protected from the elements, right?

Regards,
DWD

Back