lost suction

lochsa

After about a year of steady use, my cyclone is but a zephyr. I've improved the lines, replacing flex tube with smooth pipe and rounding out corners, but the majsut isn't pulling in sawdust any more.

Are my filters full? If so, do I have to replace them, or can I clean them somehow?

Are there other explanations for why the machine seems to be on vacation?

My apologies if this is just a n00b question, but I tried the search function and failed . . . and my shop is filling with dust . . .

lost suction

Your filters must be very dirty. Most of us have a clean out on the bottom of the filters. First use an electric leaf blower or air from a compressor to blow air from the outside inward. Then open up the bottom and clean out the filters with a shop vac. You may have to repeat this if they are really dirty. Also, you can tap them on the outside with the flat of your hand to knock the dust down. Be careful not to blow so hard you put holes in the filter. I have a 4" blast gate on the clean out. I connect a 4" PVC pipe and run it outside. I then blow down the filters with a leaf blower. After that I turn on the cyclone and let it blow the dust outside. Hope this solves the problem.
Bababrown

thank you for your reply. Naturally, I now recall having learned that during research for buying the thing, but I've just been using the contraption without thinking about it for too long . . .

I'll give it a try.You might have just saved my neighbors from listening to me cuss . . .about the dust-sucker, at least.

Back