Low ceilings

mendenhall

I want to set up a clearvue but trying to mount in space with low ceiling height. Is it possible to mount the blower assembly other than on top. If so, would this effect performance at all?

Also, what are optimal dimensions for the collector bin. Can the bin be short and wide? Rectangular?

Thanks,

Ed

I have seen some mount the blower off to the side. You will lose some in the piping and the sharp turn to get to the top of the cyclone. Do you have attic space above? If so, you should be able to extend up into that space. That's what I did. My shop ceiling is 7' 8" where the cyclone sits. I opened up the ceiling and shoved the motor all the way up to the peak of the roof on a gable end...about 10' up. This allows me to use a 55 gallon plastic drum for my collection barrel.
Collection box can be any shape you want. Nothing magical about a cylinder except it might possibly be less wasted space when the dust gets to the top. Also, look through the Galleries. You might get some other ideas that will help you. Jim.

My ceiling height is about 7'. I was thinking of mounting the cyclone in the stairway leading out of the basement. (sort of a pre-built separate cyclone room) Is that crazy?

Attachments

• DSC02676.jpg
    DSC02676.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 0
If you have enough headroom under the stairwell, then it should be ideal -- I would enclose it for better sound attenuation and vent it back to your shop space. Your primary concern will be bin access -- any shape/size is okay as long as it is air-tight.

Back