Mass Loaded Vinyl for Noise Control

Killackey1

Just got my CV1800 running and I need to reduce the noise level. My first search revealed the use of "mass loaded vinyl sheet" to control noise in industrial machinery. This option appeals to me because I could simply hang 4 by 10 sheets from the ceiling to enclose the cyclone and filter. The sheets are flexible and should be easy to move away to access the collector drum.

If anyone has had experience using this material I would welcome any comments on its effectiveness.

Another first observation: Some fine particles stay in a circular path and don't seem to drop down into the drum. Is this normal? There is a tight seal on the fiber drum and the flex line to the cyclone base. In operation the fiber drum lifts off its base because at the moment there is only a small amount of dust and chips in the drum.

Thanks for your help,

Jim Killackey

I haven't heard of the sheets before. Have you found any information on the net you could point us to?
The dust is normal. When turned off, it will drop into the barrel. Jim.

Mass Loaded Vinyl for Noise control

Mass Loaded Vinyl for Noise control

For Industrial applications see "INC Flexi-Sorb" Noise Control Curtain System at www.industrialnoisecontrol.com. For myself, I have dealt with Super Soundproofing at www.soundproofing.org. They provide a number of different noise control products including the vinyl sheet that they sell in 30 ft lengths or by the foot.

Jim Killackey

Back