Micro switch blast gate control

ryanjg117

Getting ready to install my CV1800 and ducting and saw a video on a YouTuber who was using a Long Ranger micro-switch at each blast gate to turn on/off the dust collector. I like this better than a remote since there's no forgetting a blast gate. I do have the electrical box that came with the CV1800 and the remote. Is it possible to use this kind of blast gate control with the CV1800? Anyone that has done it and can report how well it works? Any electrical schematics? Thanks.

EDIT: I believe this is the product, thought I want 6" blast gates all around. I might make them myself with CNC.

Last edited:
My concern on using that type of switch is that you'll be cycling the system a lot. Every time you hit the switch on whatever your running the system will turn on or off.

I leave mine running if I know I'll be moving to another machine soon. I just shut the gates off to take the load off the motor.

I control my dust collector with micro-switches (eBay), a doorbell transformer, and a 24V 2-pole relay. I don't have switches on every gate, but I do have gate switches in every work area, so I just crack a nearby gate enough to start the DC, open the machine gate and let it run a sufficient time before closing the "trigger".

Back