Minimum CV1800 Footprint

bigjimak

This week I placed an order for a CV1800 w/16" Impeller to be shipped to me in Alaska. Knowing the speed at which the barges travel, I know I have a few weeks before it arrives, but that doesn't preclude the prep work.

My intent is to build a free-standing stand, with an insulated "closet" built around it. I'm good on height because the shop has 9'-6" ceilings but I'd like to make the closet 3' deep (32" inside) by 4-6' long, if that's practical.

My thought is to mount the cyclone along the "short wall" with both the inlet and filters on the opposing end. With the inlet turned perpendicular to the "short wall", what is the minimum overall space required? I need to plan the free-standing stand and/or plan a larger closet if absolutely necessary.

Jim in Alaska

My CV1800 is installed in a closet with a 25" by 41" inside dimmension. It is really tightly packed. I don't recommend going that small without having everything on-site for exact measurements.

32" by 48" inside should be relatively easy depending on the size of the stand. One recommendation is to have a small access door for the drum. Allow one or two entire walls to be removed for access to everything else.

Steve

I agree with Steve that you need to avoid cramming the unit into too small a space that you make it very difficult to service. As for a stand, I built mine from 2 x 4 and 2 x 6 stock and mounted it on a concrete pad. I've attached a SketchUp drawing for your information. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• My ClearVue2 Update-8.jpg
    My ClearVue2 Update-8.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1
My CV1800 is installed in a closet with a 25" by 41" inside dimmension. It is really tightly packed. I don't recommend going that small without having everything on-site for exact measurements.

32" by 48" inside should be relatively easy depending on the size of the stand. One recommendation is to have a small access door for the drum. Allow one or two entire walls to be removed for access to everything else.

Steve

Do you have the inlet and outlet "in parallel" on the same side of the cyclone, like I'd like to do? It seems like it'd have to be that way to be that small, unless the inlet was sticking through the wall???

I agree with Steve that you need to avoid cramming the unit into too small a space that you make it very difficult to service. As for a stand, I built mine from 2 x 4 and 2 x 6 stock and mounted it on a concrete pad. I've attached a SketchUp drawing for your information. Hope this helps.

That's great, Robert. Your sketch is very helpful. I was trying to think through the feasibility of xx vs 4x for the motor support end. I was thinking 2x4 and hadn't considered 2x6.

Is it just resting on the concrete pad? Mine would be on my concrete slab in the garage.

Do you have the inlet and outlet "in parallel" on the same side of the cyclone, like I'd like to do? It seems like it'd have to be that way to be that small, unless the inlet was sticking through the wall???

Yes, my setup is very much like McRabbet's diagram. The filters are on the right side. The transition to the filters can be rotated in any direction to fit a slightly wider or deeper footprint.

I added a vertical baffle between the drum and the filters so the air is forced upwards as it exits the filters and past the motor for cooling. The exit vent is in the lower left corner.

Steve

I have 2 x 4's along the left and right side (flat on the pad) that have 2-3/4" long Tapcon Concrete Anchors through them to keep the stand from moving. If there was any slight vibration, I didn't want the frame to touch the block walls to the back or right side. The unit is located under my shop space in a 9' high crawl space and is equipped with one of my bin sensors to alert me when the bin is full.

Back