Motor Problem

stonedevel

Hi, Has anyone had a problem with they're 5 hp Lesson overheating? Mine shut down today. It was at the end of the day and had been running for around 10 min. when it stopped.

Matt

Motor over heating

Motor over heating

Couple of things that could cause this. Leak around trash can causing too much amp draw or low voltage. if you can borrow an amp meter I would recommend checking both the amp draw and voltage.......if both are ok then give us a call.

Matt

cvAdmin

Administrator
I had a problem with mine overheating during the summer. It kicked out the overload a couple of times. Also, I noticed a marked reduction in the suction in my system. What it turned out to be is as follows:

I installed my piping in my attic to avoid having to take down everything I already had hanging on the walls. Well, being up in the attic, I figured the pipe would just lay there, so we didn't put a screw in each fitting as we now recommend. When I finally crawled up in the attic, I found that one of the pipes right at the cyclone had come out of the Y and was about 1/2" away from the fitting. That explained the overheating because it was sucking the maxium amount of air all the time and my small closet was getting warm. As soon as I fixed the leak, the problem went away.

Ed