Motor was running before move, now it on buzzes and dosen't turn

rlpeterson78

Hello,

I moved my shop 2000 miles and have just got done wiring the cyclone with #10 wire and a 30 amp fuse. When I turn the motor on, it only emits a buzzing sound without spinning the rotor. Is there a way to reset the motor or another way to diagnose what is going on?:confused:

bababrown

There are a few of possibilities but a wiring error is most likely since the unit worked before. First, make sure the wiring is correct all the way from the service panel to the motor. You should have a dual 30-amp breaker with two hot wires attached to the breaker. If you measure across those two terminals with a VOM you should see 240 volts AC. I do not know what you used for wire but one lead should be black and the other should be red or remarked red if you used type nm wire. Follow that wire down to the relay contacts and you should read 240 VAC again on the relay input side. Check the wiring on the output side of the relay to the motor. Make sure the two wires are connected to the relay contacts. Then check the motor connections. You should have one hot wire, L1, connected to the motor wire labelled P1. The other hot wire, L2, should be connected to both T4 and T8. Make sure the wire nut grabs all three wires. Then you should have three motor wires P3, T1, and T5 connected together with a wire nut. Again make sure all three of those wires are grabbed by the wire nut. Finally, make sure the green or bare wire is connected to the ground screw in the motor box for safety. I suspect the P3/T1/T5 connection is at fault because it sounds like the starting circuit is not working. Hope this helps.
bababrown

rlpeterson78

I had it wired correctly. I installed the impeller too low and it was rubbing and bound on the round mdf piece that fits into the cyclone body. I have my cyclone outside of the shop and it was too dark for me to see the problem last night. So I have completely taken my Clearview down and repositioned the impeller....now I need to get someone to help me lift the motor mound again.